The Seminole Nation Historical Society, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that owns and manages the Seminole Nation Museum without state, federal, or tribal operational funding. The Museum relies primarily on private contributions to support its work in preserving and promoting the culture and history of the people of the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma, the community of Wewoka, and Seminole County. A significant component in achieving this goal is the financial support received from memberships to the Seminole Nation Historical Society. For us to continue to grow, we need YOU!
Support the Museum
Ways You Can Support the Museum
- Donate Funds Below – We have different Membership levels available.
- Donate Artifacts – We are more than happy to display your artifacts.
- Volunteer – There are plenty of ways you can donate your time.
- Spread the Word – Help us advertise through word of mouth.
Annually, the Daisy Unit Garden Club of Wewoka holds its annual “April Shower” fundraiser for the Seminole Nation Museum. Through this effort, the Museum receives important goods, supplies, services and financial contributions to help off-set extensive operating costs. A “Wish List” is compiled by the staff each year highlighting our needs. These items, many of them inexpensive, are a great way to support the Museum and our Mission throughout the year.
Your Money at Work
These are just some of the many ways the Seminole Nation Museum uses your membership contributions…
- $25 purchases one book for our ever-growing research library.
- $50 purchases five archival boxes for storing and preserving historic photographs and documents.
- $100 funds one curatorial or archival workshop for a museum staff member.
$250 funds the framing and matting of one historical print, document or image for exhibition.
- $500 funds one certified teaching artist for educational and community presentations.
- $1,000 funds the acquisition of one small, original artwork or cultural artifact.
- $2,500 funds the overall design and development of one temporary exhibit.
- $5,000 purchases one temporary traveling exhibit of regional or national scale.
- $10,000 purchases a major artwork/artifact for the museum’s permanent collection.
$10,000+ Donations larger than $10,000 contribute to the Seminole Nation Historical Society Endowment Fund established by C. R. Anthony.